Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i wonder if it is normal that when i switch off the AC sometimes it doesn't really switched off... it's still running with a very low air comming out... I mean its actually off but a low air keep comming out and doesnt stop till i switch off the engine.... some times i dont switch it on and suddenly i can feel the air coming out of it while the AC is not switched on and by the way its volvo s60 model 2004

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of these newer cars have what called a fresh air system.Slight air will come out and make sure the air in the cabin is fesh air.Alot of the high priced cars have been doing it for years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2001 S60 and it also does that. I believe it must be a normal condition as TECH said. A driver can turn the AC "OFF", and having the AC light illuminated to "OFF" and you can still feel the air come in. If the air is too "cold" you can actually turn the temperature dials to your comfort and the fresh air that comes into the cabin will be that temperature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for both of u GuYs

sorry for being late to reply, i didnt use the net for many days

thanx again and i asked the volvo dealer in my city to switch it off, and they did

so no air coming now

THANX AGAIN

·
Registered
138 Posts
I find that if you turn off the A/C but the fan speed is still on this happens. When the fan control is turned off the A/C switches off and no additional air comes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts