Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anybody have any suggestion for my v70 wagon? Recently i have notice that my a/c is not cold anymore so i decided to take it down to my local mechanic to charge the freon. After one month my a/c is not cold anymore, i take it back to my mechanic and he told that i have a leak. So i leave my car over night for him to look over. One day came and go he told me that he can not find any leak. I'm stuck....help...anybody have any similar problem. Thanks..

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
When they charged the A/C did they install dye in it?Most likely the evaperator is bad.The dye is the best way to find the leak.Once it leaks out you check the system with a black light.When you see green thats the leak.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..Tech. Yes they did put dye in the systsem and it came out nothing. And he assuming it was leaking from the o-ring or the a/c switch itself. Maybe I'll look into the evaporator see if it's come from there. Thanks again..

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If they remove the blower resistor they can look inside and see the evaperator.if they look off the the left after removing the resistor that is the evaperator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts