Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have 98 S70 with 145,000 miles on it. The car is in fairly good shape, however, I'm trying to decide how expensive "Volvo for Life" is going to be. I need a ABS module and O2 sensors. Should I continue to feed the beast or move on to something else?

Ruf

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You should fix it and keep going.The 98 was the best year made.It will last longer than the 99 and up models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Mar 4 2005, 02:06 PM)You should fix it and keep going.The 98 was the best year made.It will last longer than the 99 and up models.
[snapback]4528[/snapback]​

I agree. I have a 1998 s70 T5 and this car is awesome. Get the minor problems fixed, and keep rollin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My S70 just had the same thing. ABS control module failure. The cost of the module for parts and labor was about $800 at the dealer. There is a company selling rebuild modules for around $300 with self-install instructions. might be worth checking out if cost is a factor. From what I was told, you will still have normal braking, but ABS won't work. I don't like taking chances with brakes so I had the work done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can get it done for cheaper about $150.00 bucks, some guy in l.a. by the name of victor rocha if i remember correctly. i'll look for it and try to get the info for you. you might want to check over at volvospeed.com.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1997 S70 with a similar ABS problem. The mechanic checked out the sensors and the ABS module. Suspects the ABS module. A new one is going to cost A$1100 (Australian dollars). Vitor, do you handle overseas enquiries?

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Mar 4 2005, 06:06 PM)You should fix it and keep going.The 98 was the best year made.It will last longer than the 99 and up models.
[snapback]4528[/snapback]​

I just bought my fathers 1998 S70. He also said it was a better car than the newer ones. He felt it was a quicker car than the 2001 he was going to trade his 1998 on. Is there any "proof" that they are better than the other years?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The newer cars have electronic throttle bodys which go bad.
More electronics to go bad.
ETC

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Rufus @ Mar 5 2005, 05:01 AM)Should I continue to feed the beast or move on to something else?

[snapback]4518[/snapback]​

FEED THE BEAST... RUFUS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts