Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a 98 s70 for 4 years. It currently has 108K. In last 6 months ABS have gone, 2 sensers, (its in the shop tonite for the second one at $600.00!), motor in window, brakes, and now in additon to sensor, coolant lite is on and off. (Could be related to sensor being replaced). Is this worth keeping? I am the second owner. I like the car, now that a recall took care of all my bulbs burning out, but, is this the beginning of the end. I had planned to kep it two more years.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
If you're not on the verge of a nervous breakdown (PUN intended)
after needing to change all those stuff, then I agree that you should keep it.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(ampangbear @ Aug 6 2005, 03:03 PM)If you're not on the verge of a nervous breakdown (PUN intended)
after needing to change all those stuff, then I agree that you should keep it.

[snapback]12917[/snapback]​

However, if you're just THAT close to driving the car into a lake, together with the repair invoices and all, then maybe you should reconsider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the first two years that I had my S70 I drove the loaner more than the car. However, the car is at 140,000 miles and wow, everything is great. The idle hasn't change in these 100,000 miles, the a/c has never been recharged, it still has all the power it ever had, and I get 24 miles per gallon in the city and 28 on the highway, with the a/c running, a great car. These little issues are irritating, and I'm not sure where you're getting the work done (the dealer I'm guessing), but it might be worth trying some of the work yourself, saving some serious bucks and getting a cd-rom that tells you where and how to fix these seemingly minor problems. I would recommend keeping it, even if you don't want to do the work yourself, like I said, once I got over the initial problem hump, everything is great!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(T.P. @ Sep 2 2005, 06:53 PM)Where do you get the CD Rom you mentioned?
[snapback]14621[/snapback]​

Check E-bay for a program called "Vadis"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts