Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that someone could help me out with a problem that I am having. I recently bought a 1997 850 GLT that I absolutely love!! I have had it for about 2 months and am continually impressed with it. However, when I bought it, the main interior light control button had fallen off and little did I know it was stuck in the "0" or always off position. I have called many Volvo dealers and they all tell me that it is going to be about $200 dollars to replace the whole console. Is there anything that I can do to get this switch into the "door" position so that the individual reading lights come on when the buttons are pressed and so that the lights come on when the doors are open? I have been messing with it quite a bit and I can only get the light to come on if I stick two paperclips up into the hole where the button is supposed to be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Another thing you could try is to look in a salvage yard and see if they have one.It will be alot cheaper if you can find one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts