Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall...im new to the forum, im a recient new owner of a 1995 Volvo 960...which is okey, but with 175K miles on the **** thing ive gotta almost replace every bushing and suspension part known to man on her...but the real problem i am having is that when i read the airbag code- which is the short circut one, and i try to reset it, 5 seconds, relise light turns on, 5 more seconds of holding, then check the fault code again, it will not clear, any recomendations, i dont believe that there are any wires loose but that it was just a random light, and now it wounght turn off.....Help me please, i hate red dash lights on

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Try holding the button for 8 seconds instead of 5.Then when you are done before checking the code again turn the key off and let it sit for a minute then check the code.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it didnt work, however, i was lookig where the odb 2 scannar port is supposed to be on the 96 and i have one on my 95, that was made in may of 95, towards the end of the model year, is it possible that my car was equiped with both odb 1 and odb2 ports?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi if its anything like my 1995 850 with the self diagnostic its more like 20 seconds thats how long i had to hold it down for, and that cleared the fault light as for the obd i cant help sorry
daz

·
Registered
2 Posts
p.s you have to read each code at least twice before it will clear check every socket with the flylead incase theres other faults in other sections dont forget to read them twice
daz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts