Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Volvo wagon, runs great, looks great, less than 80k!!!
I have 3 little questions:
1)How do you reset the "service Required" warning light?
2)I can't seem to get the release to work on changing the wiper blades. Do you squezze the tab and pull or do you push out the tab and pull?
3)The overdrive warning arrow comes on after i restart the car after a quick stop and the release button has no effect on getting it into 4th gear. But on starting it up again, say the next day, it's fine until I restaert the vehicle.
Any help would be deeply appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
For my 94 sedan, there is a little rubber stopper to the left of the odometer reset. Pull off the rubber stopper and the service required warning resets.

I had an intermittent problem with the OD and it finally went to being permanently on. My mechanic tracked it down to a short in a wire going to one of the tail lights. Apparently, there are a couple of plugs where the wire can plug into the tail light so he simply put it into a different plug. Voila! OD problem solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my reply, some words were omitted.

With respect to the service required warning, remove the rubber stopper to the left of the odometer reset and you will find the service required warning reset under the rubber stopper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
check the od relay first then the single white wire to the solenoid on the trans from the shifter and lastly the solenoid itself. if all those check out good the trans will need to be replaced/rebuilt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts