Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of years, my '91 240 has had an intermittent problem with the power windows - all power windows will stop working. The fuse for the power windows is fine. For some reason, by hitting the passenger side of the center console, the problem will often go away (like hitting an old tv to get it working). This 'solution' is not working well anymore.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there a connection behind the center console that I should check?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check your power window relay or its connector. It's located just behind the coin tray of the center console. You might be able to clean the contacts to get it working again or if badly pitted/burned replace it, they aren't too expensive. Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(vespa @ Feb 28 2005, 12:42 PM)Check your power window relay or its connector. It's located just behind the coin tray of the center console. You might be able to clean the contacts to get it working again or if badly pitted/burned replace it, they aren't too expensive. Good luck
[snapback]4175[/snapback]​

Thank you for the tip - I will replace the relay, which I am sure is the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the problem two years ago and it first came when I was drving. Oh, the power stop was accompanied with the stop of airconditioner and its fan. My mechanic changed the switch which connect to my start key, because it also caused fail engine start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts