Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a pot hole and ever since my radio/cd player wont work. I have a SC-815, everything works but no sound. Also the antenna will not go up. Any help would be great

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
When you say 'won't work', does it mean there is no current going through the unit, or there is just simply no sound, but the display works OK?

Hope you could clarify.

By the way, I am moving this message to another forum where the radio guys could help more.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Have you pulled the unit out and check the wirings at the back of the unit?

Because of what you described above, i am more prone into thinking that the connection was severed due to the hit of the hole, than others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have checked every wire and they are all good, the only one that seems to be missing is the amp wire. but i am not sure if I have an amp. I was looking but could not find one. I have the SC-815 Premium Sound System. Also the Power Antenna wont go up.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
So,
1) No Sound
2) Power Antenna not rising

but everything else seem (visually) OK...?

OK, this is just a bet - but I think the internal connections within the unit may have gone bad.

Try taking it to a store, and fit something else. And see what they find.

Or, if you comfortable with one, borrow a friend's unit and check for yourself. Disconnect yours and connect the other one. If everything is status-quo (the same, not moving and no sound), the your wiring may have been disconnected.

Good Luck Hunting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts