Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.I have been trying for a long time to get an 850R wagon and now have the only wagon in New Zealand(I think)there are about 14 cars but I had to import my wagon from Japan second hand.It is 96 done 90,000K.The question I have is that is a light Blue in colour and I thought (before I got this one)that all 850Rs were either red or black?can anyone tell me how I can find out the original history of my car and find out how it got made in light blue(it is definatly originalin colour
and is in fantastic condition.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Look on the drivers door and get the paint code and call a Volvo dealer and ask them what color matches the code you have.You can try to pay and have a car fax report done and see if it comes back ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 26 2005, 04:32 PM)Look on the drivers door and get the paint code and call a Volvo dealer and ask them what color matches the code you have.You can try to pay and have a car fax report done and see if it comes back ok.
[snapback]4027[/snapback]​

Does this give history(like was it a special order in that colour or did they make them in this colour and if so how come etc)

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It will only give you the paint code.Then you can find out if it was the original color.If the paint code is not in the drivers door open the hood and look for a metal plate and look for a 3 digit code on that plate and that is the paint code.Then Call your local dealer and ask what color it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts