Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what is/are the difference(s) between 850GLT 20V and 850 GLE 20V that are sold in Malaysia, in terms of engine, power, trim level, and dependability? Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If I remember correctly the only real diffrence is minor interior diffrences and maybe the rims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yep. They look the same on the outside. Can't tell the different inside,-engine and interior.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Actually, from the front, they do have a little difference. I hope I am not the only who sees this - but i think the GLT looks a little smug-gy as compared to the GLE. The front-grille looks a little more snout-ish as compared to the GLE, which is a bit longer.

Internally, from my observations, and I didn't have a lot of chances to observe GLTs as my friends prefer the GLEs and SEs due to the ages (GLT the youngest would be 1994, whereas GLE youngest is 1997-same year as some S70s), but what was clear is the electric seats that were available on GLTs. GLEs does not have this luxury (or potential danger, whichever way ou look at it).

Pardon my words, if they sound offensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This one is right up my alley:

I own a
1994 GLE Wagon (permanently borrowed by wife)
1993 GLT Sedan (bought to replace above stolen car)

Interior packaging:
GLE doen't have
Electric seat, cruise control, leather or half leather seats, no sunroof, no front headlight wipers (although optional), wheel options, rear parcel shelf cover, fog lights, auto AC

just to list a few, hope this helps.

Cheers

Oz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts