Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1993 850 GLT w/85k about two weeks ago. Shortly after, (2 days), a yellow blinking light came on. After countless truobleshooting efforts with the scanner with a local volvo mechanic, not dealer, we came to the conclusion that it needs a new converter and lock-out. We have tried borrowed computers, SHUDDER-FIX, etc. and the light always comes back. I notice it happens more when the vehicle is in an incline from more the two minutes at about 45-55 MPH.
I purchased the HAYNES manual but the codes and the method to find the problem does not seem to directly take care of this particular situation. After checking the onboard troubleshooting in slot 2 of the A module it reveales 3-2-3. In the book it appears as malfunctioning signal .
Any knowledgeable people out there that can help me????

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have you checked proper adjustment and workings of the (PNP) Park Nuetral Position switch?If that does pad it could cause problems with the transmission.It will not know exactly what gear it is in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just spoke with the technician today. He disassembled the trans valve body and found it was very dirty. Cleaned it up and is doing road test today and tomorrow to see if the lights comes on again. will let you know.
Thanks for the advise TECH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts