Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 850 wagon and seriously considering buying factory 'titan' wheels for this
car. The wheels are 17x7, and I think they were the factory wheels for the 850R.
my question regards tire sizes for this rim. The factory size is 205/45/17. There is very
limited selection of tires available in this size, and was wondering if anyone knows if
I can get away with 215/45/17 without any problem. Would be hesitant to consider a
40 series tire, but don't have a problem with speedo error, any tire rubbing would be
unacceptable. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Jingles.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im not positive but I think 225/45/17 would fit without rubbing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the previous double post. Another question about my car concerns the
annoying opeation of the remote key. I would prefer the first press of the unlock button to unlock all the doors and tailgate. If the driver's door is allready unlocked,
when I press the unlock button the driver's door tries to unlock again, and it takes
2 presses of the button to unlock the rest. Also, how do I tell if the alarm system will
protect me form jacking the car and stealing the wheels/tires. Jingles.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The factory alarm doesn't have a motion sensor or shock sensor.The alarm will go off if the door is opened.I think you can have the dealer change the locking to single stage locking.Then they will all lock and unlock together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try the 215/40 17, that is what I use on 2 of my Volvo's! Getting ready to put a set on my third one also. In my cases, the speedometer is actually 100% accurate with this size also.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Dude...

Do you need to put the little coin-sized steering-limiter when on those 17-inchers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts