Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. This is my first post so be kind to me.My 850 2.5 10valve runs and performs great BUT when I change gear or dip the clutch for any reason the revs take approx 2 seconds to die down resulting in a poor gearchange. If the engine is revved at standstill you can hear the revs hold on for this 2 second period and then come back to normal idle speed.Any ideas chaps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 20 2005, 11:49 PM)Try cleaning the throttle body good and see if it helps.
[snapback]3711[/snapback]​

Thanks for the tip,just had the body off and gave it a very good clean and cleaned the cannister vac stubs but made no difference.
It's very strange,when you coast along on over run the revs hold on about 2 seconds and then its just like a switch is turned off and you can feel the car then start to slow. If you are behind someone it's very scary because it's like you havenot released the throttle.
I have checked to make sure the throttle is closing(it is) and have checked for fault codes (none).
Only thing I have noticed is that the problem is not there untill car starts to warm up.HELP.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Your car is a manual shift correct?Most manual cars did that I think it has something to do with the programing of the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts