Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Are the head rests removable?

On mine, the driver's side is pretty 'loose' but the one on the co-driver's side is stuck like [email protected]#@^#%$!

Any idea on how I can remove it?

Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You need to feel on the back of the seat around the headrest.There is 2 holes on each seat.There is tabs in there when you push in where the holes are then it will slide out.Have someone help you and it should be pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tech, where exactly on the headrest are they? The headrest on the driver seat pops out really easy, without the need to press anything. I can just simply pull it out... (uh-oooohhhhh - not good, eh?)

But the headrest on the co-driver's seat wouldn't budge an inch. I have pried my fingers everywhere around the area.

Just if you're wondering why I need to get them detached - just to fix those 'seat-hooks' to the back side of the seats. You know the black-plastic hooks that you can hang your groceries on to, after shopping, to avoid them from rolling over, everytime you take that ever dangerous-maneuvering around the corner that makes everthing in the car go from left to right, or right to left, or worst, breaks...

That's why lah...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Just below the headrest on the main seat feel good pressing with your fingers.There should be a spot that has some give.There is 2 total press both at the same time and have someone lift up on it.

I will try to find a pic so I can mark about where it is.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tech,

I got some photos on the headrest. You may proceed, sir...

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tech,

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tech,

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for flooding the thread, the uploading function saw me uploading and reloading again and again and again. Didn't figure it would register as three incomplete messages.

In any case, YUP! I found the 'tabs' that I will have to press on to lift the headrests out. No wonder you asked that I get an extra pair of hands to help!
I was sweating like crazy!

Thanks again, Tech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts