Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago I noticed a small puddle of brake fluid under the car, upon futher investagation I've found the area from which I flows, under the ABS pump there is a small block w/ 4 lines ,a distributer I'm guessing sence it's marked RF RR etc.
under that there is a black box with a small rap of wiring coming out it,fluid is leaking from between the distributer block and this black electrical box. what is this ele box called and is there a gasket between the two?

thanks charlie

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
From what you are describing it sounds like your talking about your abs module and pump assy.No there isn't any seal.Check all of your other lines and on the back of the master cylinder there is a switch screwed in and sometimes it leaks from there and drips on the abs pump assy.If its not leaking from anywhere else then it will be your pump motor assy.Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 13 2004, 05:51 PM)From what you are describing it sounds like your talking about your abs module and pump assy.No there isn't any seal.Check all of your other lines and on the back of the master cylinder there is a switch screwed in and sometimes it leaks from there and drips on the abs pump assy.If its not leaking from anywhere else then it will be your pump motor assy.Hope this helps.
[snapback]1138[/snapback]​

tech yes this helps , I'll check the entire system one more time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts