Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS THERE AN EXTERNAL PUMP LOCATED IN THE REAR ON PASSENGER SIDE NEAR GAS TANK? THIS IS MAKING A LOUD HUM NOISE AND I AM GOING TO THE BONEYARD TOMORROW. SHOULD I GET ONE? ARE THERE FUEL PRESSURE CONCERNS WITH REPLACEMENT? THANKS. GEORGE

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes you should have one under the car.If it is loud first that means the one in the tank isn't working.If it has been doing it for a while then I would get one and replace the intank one as well.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
welcome to the wonderful world of CIS ie old injection systems [assuming it is an injection model???]

a lot has been said recently here re these pump and if 1976 it could be there is but one pump so I would suggest a bit of reading esp in this forum

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Do you recommend any suppliers for the pumps? Do I need to be cautious about the fuel pressure here? Thanks, George

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Just dont SMOKE whenever dealing with ANYTHING, that got the words "F-U-E-L" or even smells of it. Or else, * KA-BOOM *

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
good advice oh wise bear from the Ampang clan

err sorry that was an elephant [and a pink one at that]

better have another beer and refocus

mmmmm still an elephant

doesnt anyone have a bear icon these days

I said a bear not a banana

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your advice. I don't smoke but am a casual unintentional, I think, huffer so the pink elephant fits with this job. I found that the mounting was loose. I am still wanting to change that in tank pump but don't find anyone who sells them for this year?? I am also interested in replacing the steering wheel from another car at the junkyard to replace this one. Anyone know of there is a bigh difference in fittings from 76 to 89? Thanks, George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts