Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... I'm sorry if I'm doing this in the wrong forum or if this topic seems very simple, but I just need a quick answer, so bear with me.

My girlfriend has a '92 740 wagon with an aftermarket Kenwood head unit. I'm installing an aux input so that she can listen to her iPod in the car, but obviously I need to know how to take apart the dash. I did notice that there are four screws on the center side of the passenger footwell, but I didn't just want to start unscrewing things in a car that I know nothing about. Anyway, thanks for your help.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of the time you need the release keys from the Aftermarket radio to get it out.Then you should be able to run the wire down from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the whole center console plate doesn't come off, just the radio does?

My Accord is the only car I've done this to, and the entire plate surrounding the radio (including AC controls, etc) comes off, not just the radio.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The radio should just come off.
If you want to remove the A/C controls you will need to remove the black trim panel.Then remove the screws for the controls.Then you will have to bend 2 brackets then the controls will come out.

But other than that the radio itself comes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts