Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
joined volvo forms .com .Thought I could kick back and get all my volvo imfo. Well thats not working , lets just blame it on on the left side of my brain.
Heres the deal, looking for direction from all you volvo lovers , except for the ones in singapore, seems they have some bad chi going on. I have a 91 740 turbo wagon, of coarse I love it, which could be a bad thing. Never get emotionally invovled with you car. Red has 146453 miles and is burning a little oil, ok maybe a little more than a little, alright 1 qt per tank of gas. BUt very little blue smoke, can you beleive it. checked cylinder leakage ,cyl 1 50% cyl 2 20% cyl 3 20% cyl 4 30%. A rebuild installed woluld be a $3000.00 investment give or take. Looking for a used engine . Thinking someone has one sitting in there garage. Maybe not .

thANKS FOR THE TIME HOPING i CAN GET TO THE RESPONSES IF NTHERE ARE ENY.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Do you have any salvage yards in your local area?
Some of the salvage yards will locate you one if they don't have one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome,
But to add to Tech's post here is a link to a salvage yard seach engine.
http://car-part.com/index.htm

Sometimes don't let some of the prices scare you for an engine. A buddy of mine just picked up a B230ft out of a yard by me with 115K on it for $650. Yes they can be had cheap if your persistant. But call around and see what you can score on the cheap. Expect to pay around $750 for a low mileage 2.3 Turbo motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts