Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with instructions/diagram of how to remove the lock from the back hatch? My ES won't lock (broken tab), I have the part to replace it but cannot figure out how to get it apart to repair it.
Thank you,
Indy in WA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you gotten the rear window lock mechanism off yet? The Service manual has detailed instructions. Remove the bolt in the center of the mechanism ( on the inside ). The lock cylinder can then be pushed out. Turn the lock tab 1/4 turn and remove the tab and the the lock handle ( the winged key thingy ).

Have fun.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just for giggles, I am replying. The original poster hasn't visited this site since April 7th. So there is no way of knowing if he got it out or not. Also, he most likely will never see your post. I suspect that none of this matters since you haven't been back here since you posted. The fact that the help you gave was your first post and that you haven't been back since tells me that you won't be back.

Don't get me wrong, I love this site. It has helped me in the past and I have helped many others. The problem is that this section (for the Old Volvos) doesn't get much action. Of course, since not many people are 'regulars' in this 1800 section, there isn't much to attract new members. I don't know of a way to get more visitors.

I'll continue to use this site to talk about 'newer' Volvos (I don't like anything past the RWD's of the 1990's (2XX's, 7XX's, and 9XX's)). As for this section, I'll glance in now and again, but I'll do most of my visiting at the Yahoo 1800list.

-Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you gotten the rear window lock mechanism off yet? The Service manual has detailed instructions. Remove the bolt in the center of the mechanism ( on the inside ). The lock cylinder can then be pushed out. Turn the lock tab 1/4 turn and remove the tab and the the lock handle ( the winged key thingy ).

Have fun.
This helped me 10 years later, thanks for the answer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts