Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum.
I've recently bought a 440 TD and I'm about to change the cambelt. However I cant find any technical data to support this engine, either through Haynes manuals or workshop CD-ROMS. I've heard that they use the same engine as the Renault 19 TD, is this true? If so, will a R 19 Haynes manual give me all the tech info I need for working on my 440 engine? Or are there any 440 TD tech info manuals that I've overlooked?
Thanks in advance,

Jason

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry I wish I could help you but those cars were not avalible here in the U.S. so im not fimiliar with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

As far as I know all the engines in this range are based on the Renault units, so I would imagine that the equivalent renault manual would be able to give you the required information on finding TDC etc. Do you know the engine code for your model? (e.g. mine is B20F) Good luck with it, and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
JimBob

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I know here in the U.S. you can buy a book that will tell you how to replace the timing belt on almost any car.The book here is like $20.00 to $30.00.
It is a good buy if you can find one.It will always help you in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It may be a little late for you now but i've just recently changed my cambelt on a volvo 440 TD and yes they do use a renault engine. Although on the engine plate it has D19T ( d for diesel and the t for tubo, 1.9 engine size) it most probably uses an F8Q engine which I bought the haynes manual for the Renault Megane N reg and used that to sort out some bent valves as well!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi

if you get a renault 19 diesel manual you'll find most of the information you need, however ther isn't much room around the belt so its frustrating rather than impossible.

also take a look at

http://volvo.ic.cz/

there are details on the D19T engine and wiring etc

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts