Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 340DL and it is working good but i am not using it as my first car. I drove it occasionally. From a couple of days it handbreak light is giving me the problem some time it gets on and some time it is not. where should i searchout the problme with hand break stick or in the dash board?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is most definately to be a loose connection on the bulb in the insrument panel. It really easy to do:

Reach up behind the instument panel and disconnect the speedo cable (just turn it a quarter turn).

Unscrew the screws holding the top of the panel to the dashboard, disconnect the multi connection clips at the back and pull the whole panel out.

Undue the numerous larger screws of the panel and your in. Just clean the connection using wd-40. Should do the trick.

p.s you need to take the steering whell off to do this.

Rick

QUOTE(yellowsky @ Aug 24 2004, 12:48 PM)Hi
I have a 340DL and it is working good but i am not using it as my first car. I drove it occasionally. From a couple of days it handbreak light is giving me the problem some time it gets on and some time it is not. where should i searchout the problme with hand break stick or in the dash board?
[snapback]655[/snapback]​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts