Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had the car for 3 weeks tomorrow. Gets great gas mileage averaging around 24 - 26 in mixed city/highway driving and 34 on the highway. Car is a dream to drive with the new tires. It has good pickup for the base engine, however I keep dreaming about someday driving a S60R with the 300 HP engine. These cars seem put together so well that they almost drive themselves. Going to put a K&N airfilter in it. I was wondering if there were anyother things to boost the power a little without having to reprogram the chip. All in all we are extremely pleased with our purchase and would recommend a Volvo to anyone.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If it is turbo you can open the wastegate a little more for a little more boost.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately it is not a Turbo. I've seen a thing called the air razor, which is supposed to create a vortex (controlled swirling of air which moves faster sending more air to the engine) which increases power, listed on E-bay for $25. It would probably be a waste of money but for $25 bucks I'm thinking about getting one to see if it does any good. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this or any other similar add ons?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of those things end up breaking and getting sucked into the engine and breaking the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Im talking from experience with a turbo engine, but I would shop around for a good exhaust system first. Then open up the intake. I havent modified my Volvo yet, but Ive had good experience with Greddy products on my Mitsubishi. I dont know if they have Volvo items though.
I know youll find Volvo sites elsewhere here, or buy an import tuner magazine and browse the ads on the internet...hope that helps

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll look into the exhaust systems. I know K & N makes intake systems that work with their filters so I might look at doing that also. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just a quick question about you doing any mods.Is your car brand new with a warranty? If so be careful as you will affect any warranty cover.If its not a genuine volvo part that caused any damage then they will not honour any warranty coverage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ May 16 2005, 09:12 PM)If it is turbo you can open the wastegate a little more for a little more boost.
[snapback]7973[/snapback]​

tech, my car is a 2.0 Turbo...... tell me more about this waste gate ???? is it somthing i could do, or do i need parts ??? is a waste gate the same thing as a dump valve ???

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(myzeneye @ Aug 3 2005, 04:46 PM)any chance you can tell me how tech ???
[snapback]12761[/snapback]​

I know this was posted before, maybe about two months ago, if u check thru some earlier threads.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You will have to remove the rod at the wastegate on the manifold side and loosen the nut and back out on it one turn to start.That will open the waste gate more.I have a picture in this post so it will help you.Then the vaccum line that goes to the waste gate valve you can stick a regulator inline to manualy adjust the boost.If you want you can just adjust the rod till you get a regulator.

This imported from elsewhere I posted.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts