Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I verified that my turbo oil return tube is leaking where it goes into the block only. It looks like you have to take off two metal shields/guards, a one silver that bolts to a black shield that protects the half shaft as it goes into the transmission. Can someone verify that these have to come off to get to the two bolts for the return tube on the turbo itself.

TIA (Thanks In Advance),

Rick

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you use a swivel and torxes or allen which ever it is you can remove it with out removing anything else.It will take a little patiance but you can do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Dec 3 2004, 10:01 PM)If you use a swivel and torxes or allen which ever it is you can remove it with out removing anything else.It will take a little patiance but you can do it.
[snapback]1477[/snapback]​

Thanks for the info. It looks pretty tough to get to. I can barely see one of the bolts much less get my hands up there. I'll let everyone know how I did it, if I decide to tackle it.

Rick

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
One more little hint you can bend the cooling line to the drivers side a little.It is the hose with the foil looking wrap on it.Use a long extension also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts