Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I get my teeeneger to take care of radio presets, VCR clocks flashing and all those other annoying things that I can't find the manual and won't look for it. It's actually better that I don't have to listen to their music any way, but my reputation as a mechanic is at stake. I have the Code but can't seem to input it properly to reactivate the factory 240 anti-theft radio.
Can any one tell me how this works?
thanks IceBrick

·
Registered
21 Posts
You need to enter your four or six-digit radio anti-theft code after you turn the radio on. The unit will display "Code" or "rpt", after which you punch the four digits. If the unit won't accept the correct code (you have three tries before it chokes and displays "Eeeeee") then turn the radio on, leave the ignition key at KP I for two hours(or go for a drive) to reset the unit and try again after two to four hours. On the CR-814 radio or SR-7145 radio/equalizer/cassette deckj, you have to enter a 6-digit code, then push the "aut" button after entering the code. The "aut" button is the upper button just to the right of the "3" button. To unlock the CR-814 radio, it has to remained connected and turned on for just one hour, during which time the code shows "OFF". The SR-7145 has to remain connected and turned off for 24 hours.

Got this off the Brick Board. Hope this helps

Mech

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. The radio shows EEEEEE at this point so I'll give your instructions a try.
Let you know later

Thanx
icebrick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks! I pulled the radio out of my 960 last week to troubleshoot some static. I was not happy when I plugged it back in and saw 'Cod'. Duh - what does Anti-Theft mean.

I looked everywhere for the code, and all I found was a 6 digit number written on the first page of the manual. I bought the car from somebody else, so I thought *maybe* this is the code.

I kept putting it in but didn't know how about the pushing the buttion over the 3. Would get locked out "Off", had to wait, etc. Also helped reading in your post that CR-814 has a 6 digit code.

Your post got me back in to my radio. Thank you thank you!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts