Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the 2nd time since February our 2022 XC60 recharge T8 has been dead when we returned from a trip. The first incident was at an airport parking lot, and we were able to use the jump box provided by the parking company. I just figured it was a interior light left on or a door slightly ajar and didn’t stress about it.
Today I found out that you can not access the rear hatch if the battery is dead. This is particularly frustrating because, I had the jumper cables and jumper battery stored under the floor in the cargo compartment (where else would you put them?).
The car initially powered up when I attached the jump box, showed 100% charged, but went completely dead as soon as I removed the box.
I was eventually able to use a jump box to get the car to at least power on enough to back it out of the garage. I plugged in the charging cable when we returned home from vacation last night, not realizing the car was bricked. There wasn’t even enough power to hit the unlock button to release the charging cable.

Currently waiting on the tow truck to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This also happened to me (see my post on the Sweedspeed forum). Its most likely TCAM related. This issue is affecting XC40s, XC60s, and Polestars running Android Automotive (AAOS) and is being discussed bigtime on various Volvo/Polestar forums. Curious to hear what your dealer said the issue was, as AFAIK, Volvo does not have a clue!.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts