Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 XC90 with approximately 30K miles, and reside in Huntsville, Alabama. Up to now, my Volvo dealership has performed the basic oil / filter maintenance. The dealership performed the following basic vehicle oil / filter maintenances under the 3 Yr. Volvo free maintenance plan.
• first time they did an oil / filter change at 9,824 miles, they used a 5W-30 Castrol Edge Pro V full synthetic oil.
• second time they did an oil / filter change at 17,956 miles, they used a 0W-20 Castrol Edge Pro V full synthetic oil.
• third time they did an oil / filter change at 25,723 miles, they used a 0W-20 Castrol Edge Pro V full synthetic oil.
My Volvo is now at 31K miles and I am thinking on doing the oil / filter change myself as I have done for years on my American autos.
My question is what oil should I use?
I was unable to find 0W-20 Castrol Edge Pro V full synthetic oil at any of my local Autozone, or Advanced Auto stores.
I was able to find 0W- 20 Castrol Edge full synthetic oil.
Is the 0W- 20 Castrol Edge full synthetic oil the proper oil to use to fulfill the Volvo warranty requirements?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts