Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2011 V60 D3 which I've had for 4 years without any real issues but this has changed in the last 3 weeks. I've been getting hesitation between 1500-2500rpm after a routine service, at first I thought maybe we had a filter issue but it drives through the problem. I understand the EGR gets issues so I took it back to my local garage and asked them to clean the valve and just see what it looks like. They gave me pictures and its was a mess the pipes were really caked up right back to the butterfly. well it drove home with no issues but the next morning when it was cold it was as bad as ever, I had a seat belt re-call from Volvo so asked them to just check the fault codes to see if anything else shows up, but its all to do with the turbo boost, when I drove it home it drove perfect again which I find strange with the same issue the next day when cold and without question its not as bad when hot. My local garage says they can operate the valved with their diagnostic box and it was opening and closing ok. but there is also a boost valve and I think maybe a temperature sensor.. Anyone got any thoughts maybe the cooler is blocked.. volvo prices on an old car are just to high and we plan to up-grade next year or maybe not now

·
Super Moderator
1,989 Posts
i had a very similar issue that the codes said low turbo boost, but it only ever set a temporary code, as soon as you shut the engine off it was gone, anyway, the car had just had a new turbo, so i took it back in and they checked it and said everything ok, i did track it down, the inlet manifold pressure sensor had had its pigtail replaced at some time, they had used a screw terminal connector and wrapped it in tape, when I unwrapped the tape 2 of the 4 wires had pulled out of the connector, the upshot is the car checks the turbo boost by measuring the inlet manifold pressure, if the sensor is not reporting, it shows low turbo boost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if this helps but the codes coming up are 1, p0299 general underboost 2, p046c exhaust recirculating sensor circuit range/performance - bus signal/message failures 3, p00bd mas or volume air flow A circuit range

1 - 5 of 5 Posts