Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2010 XC60 D5 with no sunroof. It has been raining on and off for the last few days and I found that the driver side foot well was getting wet. This morning it was puddled in there. None of the other footwells are wet, front or rear.

As I say, no sunroof and looking at the other threads, it was mentioned that there are drain tubes down the A-pillar. I have tried to pop off the plastic covering on the inside and all I can see is the airbag and wires, no drain tubes (makes sense as no sunroof, I just wanted to make sure).

Any ideas what else it could be? There does not appear to be any water coming out of any of the air vents, seemingly ruling out air con leaks. I am thinking either windscreen leak or roof rail leak somewhere?

·
Super Moderator
1,864 Posts
depends, if it happens while you are driving check the floor drains, also if while standing apart from the other things you suggest check the door seals are sealing

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Seanieconn @ Oct 1 2020, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2010 XC60 D5 with no sunroof. It has been raining on and off for the last few days and I found that the driver side foot well was getting wet. This morning it was puddled in there. None of the other footwells are wet, front or rear.

As I say, no sunroof and looking at the other threads, it was mentioned that there are drain tubes down the A-pillar. I have tried to pop off the plastic covering on the inside and all I can see is the airbag and wires, no drain tubes (makes sense as no sunroof, I just wanted to make sure).

Any ideas what else it could be? There does not appear to be any water coming out of any of the air vents, seemingly ruling out air con leaks. I am thinking either windscreen leak or roof rail leak somewhere?

Hi, did you manage to fix this ? I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Seanieconn @ Oct 1 2020, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

Hi, did you manage to fix this ? I have exactly the same problem on exactly the same car.

Hi guys, have you figured the problem out, fixed it? I have the same problem with xc60 t6. I am thinking to open the pilar and check...I checked the windshield in an glass shop, it isn't leaking, so it is probably a sunroof...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, have you figured the problem out, fixed it? I have the same problem with xc60 t6. I am thinking to open the pilar and check...I checked the windshield in an glass shop, it isn't leaking, so it is probably a sunroof...
Hello. Got the same issue with my son’xc60 2010. It was the lower part of the rubber, that are on the windshield. It was just a little off the right place. Replace it as it should, (even if it’s not in perfect shape, showing time and sun effect) and all leaks stop, all is now dry.
hope that would help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts