Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wait. Did I understand correctly that the lack of insulation was a problem with the car from the beginning? I only had problems with the headlights if I forgot to insulate the wires properly. Volvo's lighting is going to hell. I changed all possible lighting: from the headlights to the original light bulbs in the car. Your story about the response of technical supporters doesn't surprise me either. They seem to have decided to stop paying attention to their customers. But that's just their problem. Don't be surprised when their regular customer's next car is a Mustang lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For interest, I decided to google what people say about this problem. All other forums that mention the insulation problem are amateur engineers. I did not find a single mention of the company helping to solve the problem. The guys also had a problem with soldering harnesses. Soldering shouldn't be done where the harnesses play because the wire at the soldering point will break over time much faster than just a wire without a drop of solder. But at the same time, I read that it's possible to throw out sections with completely burned insulation and make inserts from a working wire. I'm not sure what to do in this case. Soon the demand for LED strips will be greater than the demand for Volvo cars. Wait another month, and maybe someone who really knows what to do will come here. Sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts