Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I’m new to this forum as i have just bought a 2006 V50.
i was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before.
the drivers window is not working. All the other windows work.
I thought it may be the motor/DDM assembly so i bought a second hand one off ebay.
after fitting it the results were still the same.
The DDM clicks when i push up and sometimes frantically click when i press down then seems to cut itself out (maybe to prevent damage) then all the windows don’t work for a period of time until it resets itself.

i thought the motor may be jammed so i disassembled it. Wheni apply 12V it runs great. When ots off the door casing in free air it still wont run so i have ruled out a stuck regulator too.
testing the voltage on the contacts that come out of the DDM to the motor; when i operate the switch the multimeter starts to rise in voltage. It gets to about 10.5v after 0.5 seconds then cuts the volts to the motor. I presume this is what the clicking is in the DDM, probably the rely on the board.

so i think the DDM is operating correctly and the motors work fine. Is there some other. Control unit that will cutbthe power to the DDM relay or make it trip.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Wayne.

· Registered
3 Posts
Common issue, I think. Soon your electric door locks may or may not work...sometimes. Or other windows will fail intermittently. In my case, it's the wiring connector in the door jam. Actually it's the wiring harness inside the driver's door. When my windows stop responding or the locks stop working (or the temperature sensor reads erratically) I take the wiring harness connector in the door jamb apart and spray it with contact cleaner and put it back together. That usually fixes it for awhile. The real fix is to replace the wiring harness in the door to an upgraded one with gold connectors. Replacing the wiring harness is not inexpensive. There is a Volvo Technical bulletin about this issue and how to remedy it. I'm sorry I don't know the number for the bulletin.

· Registered
462 Posts
This problem has been extensively covered before in this forum (see below link) and is usually due to corrosion where the electrical cable connects to the front of the door. Accordingly the contacts will need cleaning and suitable conducting compound ("grease") applied before reassemly. I have also attached the bulletin from Volvo concerning this problem.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts