Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

This friday l am dropping off my V40 wagon and picking up a new S80, is there anything that l should look for or add.

I only took the regular 16" tires because l didn't want the low profile tires because they are terrible in the snow. I also took all the other options except the sport package because of the low profle tires.

I'm also picking up a V70 for the grunt work.

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there. I like your style.
I mean, how often do you front up to the Volvo agent and buy a new car?

For what my two cents are worth, have the driving/fog lights covered in a protector-film to stop breakages. I just put driving lights on my S80 only to have a stone hit one of the lights. Like NZ$400.00 for a new light.
Unfortunately, you have to replace the entire light fitting-not just the glass.

I hope you paste photo's when you receive the car. Looking forward to seeing it.

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

I picked up my wife's S80 today and it feels a lot better then my Jaguar X which is only OK.

The S80 awd feels like a solid car with enough power even though it only has 208 hp. But if l feel like power, l just jump into my vette anyway.

Alan

p.s. the color looks like black at night but it's really a navy in daylight. Just couldn't get gray or black or even white. I'm sick of those colors, it seems that every car l see is either blk, white or gray.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Congratulations. The other halves car looks very elegant. A classic statement in excellence, quality and refinement. You don't have to worry if it is a quality product. The quality is written all over it.

While it is still so new, have you considered having a photography student photograph the car with mood lighting? That car is ripe for mood photography.

You can be justifiably very proud of your choice of vehicle.

I still like your style though. I would just love to be able to front up to the Volvo dealer and collect one car today and call in sometime later and collect the other one too. That would be so cool!!

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

I'm waiting on a 2002 V70 that is supposed to be traded in with only 36,000 miles, but l would be happier with a turbo model but beggers cannot be pickey!

I need this for transportation to and from my train and my dog and one of my sports which is big in your country called SASS.

It stands for "Single Action Shooting Society".

Alan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kingman, you should have a 2.5t not a 2.4t.

Nice choice of vehicle, I wanted to go AWD as well, but I had a heck of a time finding a 2.5t with the Dynaudio sound system without having to special order.

The AWD is amazing, we have in on our 05 XC90 T6.

Take care,
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts