Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a basic 2005 S40 and my center console is acting up. This seems to occur:

1. Sometimes when the temperature is set to the lowest (coolest) and the car is turned off, next time the car is turned on... it blows out HOT air. I have to fiddle with the temp control a bunch of times before A/C kicks back in. Sometimes it doesn't! I need to turn off the car and restart it.

2. The radio locked up while the temperature was screwy...

Has anyone had problems with the center console? Is it a software issue or do I have a defective console?

BTW, the above happens about 50% of the time... it doesn't occur ALL the time. Weird huh?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can tell you from experience that the radio (most of the 2.4i to date) need the software update. As for the Temp problem, I have not had that. If it gets REAL hot, sometimes the car will blow hot air for about 5 seconds (what was left in the vents). Nothing more than the usual for a car.
As a new owner to Volvo, the one thing I have found out is...They do fix it at no expence to you. I have had nothing but high marks for Volvo's follow up on buying a new car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts