Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my car, the part # is 8682735. Every picture I’ve seen of that part has two heated seat switches on the right side. My car uses the same part and it just has a blank plug in its place because I do not have heated seats. Many pictures of that part I’ve seen also has a panel on the bottom that can accommodate various optional switches. I don’t have any options and as a result I just have blank plugs also.

I’ve found a good clean used part and the used part dealer is advising me to take out the heated seat switch caps and replace them with my blank cap.
From a throwing code / electrical standpoint am I running any risk? How will the ECM view the heated seat switches? For all I know my car may have those switches in place yet they are just not used.

I suppose the question is also whether Volvo produced parts that served as the basis for differently optioned cars.

Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
the blanking plugs will go i the places currently occupied by the switches, you may even have he wiring loom for the heated seats, but the heaters will be missing, those switches will probably have a dedicated connector, so it shouldnt cause any issues if they are not plugged in

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This car was purchased in Arizona and is now in Southern California so there is no need for heated seats. It was an option and is listed as such in the owners manual. Early in production, I'd think they produced as few looms as possible to cover a limited number of options. If I look at that part number on eBay they almost all have heated seats. I called a Volvo dealer in Arizona and they volunteered to call Volvo for clarity. When they get back to me I'll post the answer. The seat heater is available separately. I suspect the power seat portion of the loom may have the empty plug.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course, since my new panel will have switches for heated seats and the car will have no heater to support them regardless whether there is wiring for them or not why should I bother swapping out the witch caps at all ? Is there any down side electrically ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts