Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 S60 and after being out of the car for more than 15 - 20 minutes when I un-lock the doors with the remote the passenger mirror adjusts its self to an upward position. Not even close to where I left it. If I push the unlock button again it continues to try to go even further up, until it can't go any further.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
For some reason the car isn't remembering where the mirror was when you locked the door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help,

That does apper to be what is happening.

I should have mentioned we just bought the car (used-from a GM Cadillac dealer) and it only has 6,200 miles on it so it is still under the warranty. I guess the best thing to do will be to take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the mirrors where you want them and memorizing the seat position while there? I believe the mirrors return to the memorized position with the seat when you use the same remote, perhaps it was memorized that way....Worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2004 s80 that is doing the same thing. i've tried resetting my seat position but no help. it does it when i unlock the door with my wifes key also.

·
Registered
198 Posts
its possible that the car has had a replacement mirror due to the original being damaged and the new one fitted is the wrong one that does not have memory. I have seen this several times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts