Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone or has anyone been successful in removing the radio face plate on a new 2004.5 S40? I want to install a FM modulator for XM since the radio reception isn't what I would expect.

If you need help in removing any of the other panels or parts around the center console, I've been there, done that.

Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You need to remove the coin holder in front of the shifter to access to torx 25 screws.Then you remove the trim ring around the raio display.Carefully using a small screw driver go from the inside pushing out towards the top to release the tab holding it in.The same on the other side.Once that is off you will find 2 more screws behind where the cover used to be.Once you remove the 2 screws it will pull out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The radio tuner is not located in the console area. The components located in the console are the display, controls and cd player, not the tuner or amp.

The radio tuner is located in the the trunk area, and is connected to the other components via a fiber optic network. See 'www.mostcooperation.com' for more info on the fiber network.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts