Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This V70 T-5 has 228k miles and we've had it since 50k and have done frequent, regular oil changes. It is a great car, but miles getting up there and spent a fair bit this last year. Recently, the Check Engine light came on & we took it in.
ECM Code 1100 & told I need a new sensor & possibly wire repairs. They also said "There may be a problem with the thermostat or the engine temperature." They said no problem with thermostat operation (which contradicts the previous sentence). How critical is the outside temp sensor? I was also told we could not do the repair and the car could keep running, which it is, but I am concerned that if I don't get this fixed that if there is a real problem with the engine I won't know because it always reads "Check Engine". I read on the website about the outside temp sensor and false readings due to corrosion and poor electrical contact where cable coupling connects to the front door. Could this be part of the problem or am I best off getting a new temperature sensor? Thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts