Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

I have a 2003 V-40 and have a few questions that some of you probably have answers for (I just found this site).

Thanks much, EM

1.) For such a neat car with lots of features, I was surprised to learn that the intermittant wipers have only 1 speed setting (not several speeds like many manufacturers have). Given that I live in a wet environment, is there a solution for this?

2.) I have heard that there is a way to set the headlights so they are not on all the time (an issue during daylight hours). I know I can move the head light switch and run with parking lights-only but is there a way to turn off everything and simply use the headlight switch for when I need lights?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
1. There is no fix for the wipers unless you start putting aftermarket parts on the car.
2.There is a way to turn off the daytime running lights.There is 2 ways 1. The dealer with a charge.2.If you read your owners manual really good it tells you how to do it.I have only seen it once in the manual so im not sure where it is in the manual.I know it is there.I had never heard of it in there till a customer came in and asked us to turn them off and when they heard there was a charge they had a cow and showed us it was in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much, I'll certainly look for that in the manual.

Another question, my car has had a hesitation when under hard acceleration since it was new. Strangely enough, this does not happen at all speeds when I happen to get on the throttle (it seems to depend where I am in the RPM or torque range of the engine). I told this to the dealer on my first visit who checked the computer and said "there are no error codes being reported". The car now has just under 14k miles. Any thoughts or is this simply due to a pressure release valve on the turbo that's erratic?

Thanks, EM

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Next time you take it to the dealer ask them to check and see if it has the latest software.That will help make it run better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts