Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just found out that my buddy just picked up a 2002 V70T for me and it has the third seat.

Being that l will never use the third seat and that it doesn't come with the cargo cover, can l install one if l never use the 3rd seat.

Also it has a 10 CD changer but my buddy cannot find it. Where do they hide it?

Thanks

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there. On a Right Hand Drive S80, the CD Stacker is located in the left rear part of the boot. (I think American's call it a 'trunk'). Release the 'Rear Seat Back' switch and pull the cover forward. You should see the unit in there. Slide the top panel of the unit towards the front of the car. Push 'eject' and the cartridge slides up.

Have fun.

The Australian girls group 'Bond' sounds out of this world. 'Shine' is their latest release. My S80 turns into a recording studio and/or a recital chamber with that recordingg. Try it-you'll love it!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Ignore my previous message. I did not read your question properly. I'm just starting my first coffee

Cheers

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes you can install one.It might already be set up to have one.You will most likely have to just buy one and install it.

The changer might be in a couple of different places.In the back under one of the side panels.

Possible under the seat.

You will have to look around good to try and find it.
Look for wires that look out of place and try to follow.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
On the V70s that I have seen, that carry the standard original CD-changer, most of the changers are located near the left wall at the trunk. Some have been changed by the owners for more trunk space(?)

That big a trunk, and they need more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts