Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some insight before purchasing our first Volvo. The car I am planning on buying is a 2002 S60T5 with all the bells and whistles. It's a certified used car with only 18000 miles selling for $24K. It's definantly a beautiful car but Im not feeling all warm and fuzzy knowing that it is turbocharged and requires premium gas.
(possibly more problems). I have also been reading there had been some recalls on this paticular year and model. Some have to deal with the elctric and some have to deal with a cooling problem. Does anybody have any further info on this?

Plan B
Buying a new S60 2.4 w/o bells and whistles for the same price

I am open and looking foward to any suggestions that people might have for me.

One more question I would like to ask is how much does scheduled maintenance cost for the T5's. Oil Changes etc.

Thanks in advance for any information that can help me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Think long and hard.
I have just had to have my 2002 S60 T5 to the dealer to have the gearbox replaced at 74,000 Km !!!
This is outrageous. The car just stopped on me at the traffic lights.
I give the S60 gets D minus for reliability and safety.

My suggestion - buy a BMW

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry to hear the bad news about you car
Not to pour salt in the wound or anything but I decided not to buy the 2002 due to what I was reading on this forum and others like it. I bought a new 2005 2.5T instead and hope that it will be problem free. Did you happen to buy the vehicle certified or with the extended warranty? Good luck and let us know what happens with your car.

THNX for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts