Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Greetings!
Please, anyone have a similar experience with their 2001 V70XC? At 97,500 miles last week, this car developed a chug/resistance lurch instead of smoothly accelerating. The next day, it got more severe after taking it out with my Volvo dealer service mechanic. After initial surgery, it was determined the tranny needed to be replaced at the cost of $5400. Followed a diligent maintenance schedule since Day One. Most recent scheduled maintenance was done just two weeks prior to this occurrence and there was never a warning light. Anyone have a similar experience?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The bad part is that this is starting to happen alot lately.
You might want to check into having it rebuilt by a transmission shop and see if it is cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. May I ask -- Are you a volvo mechanic or owner? What do you mean by saying "this is happening a lot lately?" Has the quality of the Volvo transmission deteriorated so much in the 2000 plus cars that membership in the Mile High Club will no longer grow?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I am a tech.
I hear alot of people complaining about it lately.
Ever since they purchased the transmissions from CHEVY they are having this happen.

I have seen many of these car with between 100,000 and 200,000 miles with the factory trans.
You will still see many of them in the high milage club.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts