Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here I am again with a question. When driving our s80 hard, as it goes through the first 2 gears it shifts smoothly. Then , while accelerating fast, as it goes from 3rd gear into 4rth, I feel a bit of a roughness or jolt and then it drives fine. It seems it is just under hard/ fast accelearaton when this is felt. If we drive around town and go in and out of 3rd and 4rth it seems to be fine. is this a trans problem or a torgue converter problem or just normnal? We just have 50,000 miles on it . Thanks! Still holding onto the car which makes heads turn and pockets inside out! Mike C

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is clearly a software upgrade. Volvo has a PC-software available to service stations. The software is named VADIS and connects to Volvos database and your car.

You can find VADIS at www.thepiratebay.org. It is also a very useful dictionary.

(If this is information against the forum rules just remove this message.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
BTW,
There are several hidden button combinations in the car; perhaps this one is useful:

push the READ-button and keep it pushed - at the same time push the rear fog-light button two (or three times). then, in the message board, read the status of all on-board software. cycle through all messages with the READ-button. Every READY och CHECKING status is OK, otherwise you will find a error code.
(READ-button is placed at the top left stick.)

A few examples:
CEM - Central Electronic Module
REM - Rear Elecronic Module
ECM - Engine Control Module
DDM/PDM - Driver/Passenger Door Module
UEM - Upper Electronic Module (the mirror)
DIM - Drivers Information Module (Instrumentet)
AUM - Audio Module (the radio)
SWM - Steering Wheel Module
LSM - Light Swith Module
CCM - Climate Control Module
ABS or BCM - brakes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right!
I was fuzzy in my explaination. You will see if any of the modules have logged anything sice latest update / reset.

Dont worry my toes. :)
Just wanted to spread some perhaps helpful and not so obvious information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts