Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also looking into buying a 2000 V40. Just wondering how if anyone has exprienced any issues/problems at all and how they like the 2000 V40.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi trannh

I have a 2000 v40, and i have been very pleased so far. mine is a 1.8 auto and it is an easy, relaxing car to drive. Very reliable, best part of owning a volvo is the dealership i use for servicing, mot etc. They have been fantastic with courtesy cars, work always on time, decent price etc and they wash and vac the car every time i take it in - even last time i only had an mot done (passed no probs).

happy motoring

stevek

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo is a nice brand , famous for it's reliability , how so ever from my experience I have those point to note
1-Maintenance is very expensive.
2-Spare parts is very expensive.
3-If you live in hot place ( where it reaches 40c as I do ) in less than two years every thing made of plastic in the car will dry and fall ( best chances only brakes ).

Strong points ( and may vary with your driving style)
1-efficient full economy.
2-Good maintenance service ( you are paying the price any way).
3-Reliable , strong , fast responds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes volvo is reliable brand name of cars, as mine is going to have her 140,000km, not much problems come out so far as most of the time can start up properly, as somehow there is minor problems, such as one of the transmission sensor failure, electric fan broken down, it maybe their life cycle need to change another, dont forget this high mileage in HK is quite unusual.

happy touring
drive safe

Julien
Hong Kong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts