Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a '97 Volvo 850, my third Volvo. I first bought a Volvo on a whim 5 years ago, after my clunker died. It was an '85 740, cracked dashboard, rotted headliner, faded seats - but I loved that car! It held it's own when I was rear-ended and rammed into a transport truck on the highway. Sadly, I had to trade it in when the electrical problems had me at my wits end (stalling randomly, even at speed). This time, I went for a 940. Beautiful car, immaculate, no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately, it met an untimely end when we hit black ice and shot off the 401. The car was written off, but we didn't so much as have whiplash. A year later, I've just purchased an 850 (uncertified). It has some problems, and is sitting in my driveway as we speak, with a dead battery, flat tire, and bad ball joint. Which is why I'm here! Hopefully you folks can help me avoid 'the shaft'.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome, Silverlily...

I always loved to hear stories of how Volvo saved lives.

In any case, please check-in into the 850 Forum where loads of information awaits. Maybe the answers to your queries are already there waiting for you.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts

Remind me never to get in a car with u....well, actually, youve been doing pretty well so far

Seriously though, its great to hear stories like yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts