Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for being out there for us all. My 1st VOLVO a 1989 Wagon w/ the B230 motor. I wanted the safey benifit along with a reliable mechanical reputation an fuel economy, so I switched from years with Toyota to Volvo. My experience here will also determine weather a Volvo sedan would be the ultimate "safety mobile" for my soon to be driving teen ager! I want to look for a early 90's 4cyl Volvo sedan likely to have an air bag.
Q: Any idea what year air bags became a common addition to a non turbo model?
I previously posted my first technical question to the forum on a starting failure. The car is now at a reputable mechanic being diagnosed. Who wants to take a guess on the diagnosis? I will find out later today and post results for the record. Thanks again, James H.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think they installed Air bags in 1987 or 1988.Im not sure 100% but thats what I think.Im sorry I tried to fond your post about your starting problem and couldn't find it.It could be a couple of diffrent things for a starting problem.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an "88 240 - no air bags in it, unless they were an option. On the starting issue, I'd start with the battery and connections, then check the alternatoer and belts. Also, could be the starter and/or solenoid (hard to get to!).....good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts