Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just found out that the mounts on my dash broke when someone did an evapotator replacement at 49,000K. I'm totally crushed!!! A certified volvo mechanic said that they are required at the dealer to replace the whole thing but he said a good mechanic could repair it without replacing the dash by reinforcing it with toggle bolts and washers. I need help. I can't afford 2000 bucks to replace this thing.

Also, on the dash board, there is a long piece of plastic that is next to the windshield and runs the length of the dash/windshield horizontally and it looks like a seperate piece from the dash board itself. For example, it's a piece of plastic and the dash is vinyl. It has some vents in it for the defrost. Can that be purchased seperately or would I have to buy the whole stupid dash? Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you kevino S70

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You would have to buy the dash to repair the defroster vents.

As far as the mountings I have seen many times where someone would appoxy the plastic tabs back on then screw some piping strap over it to strengthen it back up to hold.It takes sometyime to do as well.If might take you 2 days with removing it and repairing it and then installing it.

If you decide to do it look at my post about evaperator replacement to remove the dash and that should help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts