Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have bought myself a 98 s70 the power windows havent worked since i had the car. I've replaced the master switch and fuse but the fuse keeps blowing is there a video that can help me out please I've been jumping the window off the battery in the mean time

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i have bought myself a 98 s70 the power windows havent worked since i had the car. I've replaced the master switch and fuse but the fuse keeps blowing is there a video that can help me out please I've been jumping the window off the battery in the mean time
I want to be able to use the window switch though, the fuse keeps blowing any ideas why?

·
Registered
16 Posts
normaly when fuses blow something as you expect is wrong in this case i have zero experience but i do have some in switches the contact points of witch slowley loose the carbon contact pad they burn away over time and would advise that perhaps the window buttons are fused but i see you have replaced the master? the next step is to check the wireing, start by unpluging all but one window including independant window switches and see if you can narrow it down that way keep connecting wires untill the fuse gives up and perhaps that way identifing a problem area. P.S did you check the window motor relay according to this video seperate fuses for each window?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts