Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Volvo Experts,

I am just looking for some advice/opinions. I am just about ready to purchase a 1996 Volvo 960 as a second car. The car has 89,000 miles and has all dealer maintence records up until about 19,000 miles ago. The man is asking $3,500. I drove the car ind it seems solid. May need to have the alignment fixed up a little and a basic tune-up as the check engine light is on. I am wondering if I need to bother bringing it to a mechanic for a check-up before purchasing. The only reason I am hesitant is that it will probably cost at least $100 and The car has obviously had all its required services...its a good price...what do you think?

Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is a pretty cheap price for a car with that low mileage. That car should be going for $6,000 to $7,000. Are you sure that it isn't 189,000 miles?
I'd spend the $100 and have it checked out and run a Carfax on it. Something is wrong when the owner is asking almost 1/2 the going rate. I may be wrong and you may be looking at a killer deal.

My buddy is looking at a 2001 Ferrari convertible and it has 18K miles on it.
Sorry, I looked at the car today and it looks like it has more like 50K miles on it.
He is into cars and he even told me that 90% of the Ferrari's, Lambo's and Porsche's have had their speedometers played with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts