Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after driving about 10 minutes the 960 engine starts to lose power, it will start to run rough and then stop running altogether. It will not restart right away, it could be 15, 20, 30 minutes or more before it will start again, as if it needs a cool down. It is can be a little rough when restarting before hitting a steady rpm.

Some examples of behavior: 1) Driving on the freeway, traffic slows, I let up on the gas and that triggers rough running and engine failure within a matter of minutes. 2) Driving up a steady steep incline, engine is running strong, good rpm, then suddenly a quick power lose and shutdown occurs.

It has a new throttle sensor, ignition module, fuel pump relay, Mass Airflow Sensor, Fuel Pump (one by the fuel filter) and Fuel filter. Anyone ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the problem. It was the ECM - Electronic Control Module. I replaced it with a good working used one. Had to zero it out, you do that by disconnecting the battery leads then touching them together, and so it can be re-calibrated, it needs to be re-calibrated or the car won't run well at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts