Volvo Owners Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Depending on your specific engine, model, time of tear built that connection referenced on the left may be under the intake manifold and a little more difficult to see / reach.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
QUOTE (wm94850t @ Dec 3 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello, I have a 1994 850 Turbo and I would like to know if anyone can help by telling me what this is called? I need to buy this part but I do not know what it's called.

They call them a Vacuum Tree I think.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
QUOTE (wm94850t @ Dec 3 2010, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello, I have a 1994 850 Turbo and I would like to know if anyone can help by telling me what this is called? I need to buy this part but I do not know what it's called.
Its called Vacuum Tree. I used high temp engine silicone to seal base of Vacuum Tree to intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
QUOTE (Sparky4688 @ Dec 4 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its called Vacuum Tree. I used high temp engine silicone to seal base of Vacuum Tree to intake manifold.

Why did you do that? Did you have a leak? The tree comes up and has a O-Ring at the base that keeps a tight vacuum. You can get them at junk yards cheap, or ever a dealer.

Did you check to see if the branches/holes in the tree where clogged shut? That is a problem, and can cause issues if not cleaned out.
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,this is my first post. First I would like to thank all you guys who donate your time and experience on this forum. With your help I have been able to do many repairs on my 94 850 turbo wagon. My question is, would it be a good idea to replace the hard plastic vacuum lines and rubber elbows with silicon hose.

regards. Mark

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
QUOTE (marktheshark @ Dec 14 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,this is my first post. First I would like to thank all you guys who donate your time and experience on this forum. With your help I have been able to do many repairs on my 94 850 turbo wagon. My question is, would it be a good idea to replace the hard plastic vacuum lines and rubber elbows with silicon hose.

regards. Mark

No, The factory put HARD bends there for a reason. The reason is because of the "bending angle", if you put soft, it will bend and cut off the vacuum.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (SeaMike @ Dec 16 2010, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, The factory put HARD bends there for a reason. The reason is because of the "bending angle", if you put soft, it will bend and cut off the vacuum.

Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike. I remember seeing photos of a 850R for sale here in Australia. The owner had removed the plastic hose and elbows that run under the fuel rail and replaced them with silicon. He routed the hose along the front of the rail connected to metal clips and to the vacuum tree. It looked neat and tidy, and I wonder if that would remove the threat of the hose collapsing. I believe in the - if it ain't broke don't fix it philosophy, but it did look good. I wonder if anybody else had tried this using good quality silicon hoses.

Regards, Mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1995 850 Turbo and need help in deciding if I need to remove intake manifold to attach a vacuum line. Is anyone aware if you must take off the intake manifold to attach the vacuum line to the under side of the manifold or can it be attached without taking off manifold? If so where does the vacuum line attached too?
Any support would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

41 - 50 of 50 Posts